How it works
Shield your inbox with email aliases.
SimpleLogin is loved by users
Privacy, security and features you’ll love
SimpleLogin is the most advanced email alias solution.
Built upon open-source technology, all SimpleLogin components are also open-source.
You wouldn't trust a black box to handle your emails, would you?
Send emails from alias
Not only can an alias receive emails, it can also send emails. An alias is a full-fledged email address.
Manage your aliases on SimpleLogin website or on our
Firefox, Safari extensions.
Or on your phone with Android (Play Store, F-Droid) and iOS apps.
Bring your own domain and you don't have to buy yet another email hosting solution.
And do you know that you can have catch-all alias with your domain?
All SimpleLogin plans have infinite forwards/sends and unlimited bandwidth.
Receive and send emails as much as you like.
On-the-fly aliases with subdomain
Create your subdomain, and use it to quickly create aliases without opening SimpleLogin web or mobile apps. Learn more.
If you already have several mailboxes, this feature is for you: you can add your mailboxes into SimpleLogin and choose which one to use when creating an alias. Learn more.
Privacy & Security
With PGP, emails are encrypted with your own PGP key before being forwarded to your mailbox. Only you can then decrypt these emails. Works perfectly with Proton Mail or any PGP tools (Thunderbird, GPGTools, etc).
To better secure your SimpleLogin account, you can enable 2FA with TOTP and/or WebAuthn (FIDO).
More than (just) alias
SimpleLogin's ambition is to protect your online privacy and email is only the beginning.
Stay tuned for upcoming features like single sign-on, phone number protection and credit card protection.
Frequently asked questions
Email subaddressing, also known as the plus (+) trick, popularized by Gmail and supported by some email services, allows you to create new email addresses by appending "+" to your current email address. Says your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can quickly create another address like email@example.com for Facebook, firstname.lastname@example.org for Groupon, etc.
Though practical, it has some downsides:
- You cannot reply from the + address: your real email will appear as the sender.
- The + trick is well-known and some websites don't allow sign-ups with email addresses that contain +.
- Using + trick doesn't protect your privacy: one can easily remove the + part to have your real email. If your + address appears in the data breach, your real address is probably also in the hands of spammers. You could check whether your email is leaked using website like have i been pwned
- By removing the + part, advertisers can link these + addresses together to have your browsing history.
SimpleLogin aliases don't have any of these downsides. You can read more about the pros and cons of using the + trick on What makes email alias a better alternative to email plus sign (+)
SimpleLogin is the most advanced email alias solution and is in active development. Here are some differences between SimpleLogin and other email forwarding/alias services:
- Fully open-source: both SimpleLogin server and client code (browser extension, JS library, mobile apps) are open-source so anyone can freely inspect and improve the code.
- Covers all major platforms: Chrome/Firefox/Safari extension for desktop, iOS and Android apps for mobile.
- The only email forwarding solution that can be self-hosted, i.e. you could run SimpleLogin on your server. With our detailed self-hosting instructions and most of components running as Docker container, anyone who knows ssh is able to deploy SimpleLogin on their server.
- You can send/reply emails from alias. There's no limits on the number of sends/replies.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- No ads, no tracker.
- Not just email alias: SimpleLogin is also a privacy-focused and developer-friendly identity provider that:
- respects user privacy
- is simple to use for developers.
SimpleLogin offers a privacy-focused alternative to the "Login with Facebook/Google/Apple" buttons.
- Plenty of features: browser extension, custom domain, catch-all alias, OAuth libraries, etc. and much more to come.
- Open roadmap at GitHub: you know the exciting features we are working on.
Our revenue comes only from subscriptions, that means the product will stay ad-free forever.
These 2 features both allow you to create alias on-the-fly, meaning you don't have to open SimpleLogin to create a new alias.
Enabling catch-all on your domain allows you to use ANYTHING@my-domain.com as alias with ANYTHING being any word. The only limit is it has to have less than 128 characters.
Alias Directory is similar to catch-all, you can use your_directory+ANYTHING@simplelogin.co as alias. your_directory is the name of the directory you created.
You can reply directly from your email client. Just click on the "reply" button, the reply will be routed via SimpleLogin and SimpleLogin will make it coming from your alias. Your personal email will stay invisible to the original sender.
Technically, the From header in your email is replaced by a special alias dynamically generated for each sender. When you reply, your reply is actually sent to this special alias and SimpleLogin will relay the reply back to the sender, making sure the email is sent from your alias. All information about your personal email address is removed during that process.
A reverse-alias is a special alias that allows you to send email from your alias.
A reverse-alias is created for each alias you want to send email from and each contact you want to send email to.
When you send an email to a reverse-alias from your personal email, the email will be sent from your alias to the contact.
As a normal email address, an email alias is always there unless you delete it.
We use UpCloud, a Finland cloud provider. Our server is currently located in its France-Germany and Netherlands datacenter.
You can bring your own domains into SimpleLogin and create aliases like email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you might have probably guessed, you can then use SimpleLogin to manage your business emails instead paying for an expensive solution like Google Workspace.
All our business emails (e.g. email@example.com) are actually aliases 🤫
Join more than 50,000 people who are protecting their inbox and privacy.
SimpleLogin was the best thing that's ever happened to me (and I assume it the same applies to others who have tried it out. :) ). I use it mainly to protect my main e-mail from companies that potentially don't respect GDPR laws or can't be bothered to.
Used this for years now. The creator is responsive and awesome as a whole. Product is 10/10 for what it does. Cheap as all hell as well. Use it for all of my emails. Super reliable and easy to setup with my own domain. Just really really nice.
CEO & Founder of SimpleLogin